The PE and Sport Premium support primary school headteachers to improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils.
The funding is provided jointly by the Department for Education, the Department of Health and the Department for Culture, Media and Sport.
You may have heard that all schools in England have been given extra money to improve the provision of PE and sport in primary schools and we welcome the Government’s commitment. The DFE vision for Sports Premium is that“ALL pupils will be leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport”
Sports Premium funding should be used to:
• Develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
• Make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years. For example, you can use your funding to hire qualified sports coaches to:
- Hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers.
- Provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively.
- Introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport.
- Support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and C4L clubs.
- Run sport competitions
- Increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- Run sports activities with other schools
Please follow the link to find out how our school is using our funding.