Our School Council meets fortnightly to talk about our school. We then meet with our classes to tell everyone what has been discussed and to get their opinions.
Each class in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 vote for 2 school councillors from their class.
What is the role of the School Council?
- To encourage our children to get involved and share their ideas.
- To make the school a safe, happy and fair place.
- To ensure our children’s voices are heard by adults who make decisions which affect them.
What is the job of a School Councillor?
- To go to School Council meetings and take part in discussions
- To let their class know what was talked about at the meetings
- To take the ideas and views of their classmates to the Council
- To lead by example - always showing good behaviour to others