Week 16: 13/07/20 - 17/07/20
Activity 1: Mark making
Using a paintbrush and water practise your letter shapes outside on the floor or on the wall.
Focus on the letter shapes in your name to start with and then add other letter shapes once these are looking familiar.
A PDF version of the letter formation sheet can be found at the bottom of this page.
Activity 2: Getting to know your new teacher
Unfortunately we are unable to meet our new teachers and spend time with them before September however we can send them a message that they will reply to.
Use the login details for your new class on Flipgrid and complete the task that is on there. Also feel free to add anymore information about yourself that you would like.
Activity 3: Make something that flies or floats
Watch the videos below to see how to make a parachute, a variety of paper airplanes or a hot air balloon.
Hot Air Balloon
Activity 4: Check Flipgrid as there are several new tasks being added this week
Mr Roake and Mrs Gilbert are going to catch up on all the videos you have added recently and reply to each one. Make sure to check back to see what they have to say.
New activities and tasks are being added to Flipgrid on a regular basis. Make sure you check the app and look at all of the different activities for you to complete.
Things to do with your child:
- Make playdoh (see recipe)
- Read to your child
- Play ‘Simon Says’ – count the actions
- Bake and/or cook together – let your child help measure out the ingredients and do the mixing
- Plant seeds in the garden
Things your child can do on his/her own:
- Use the playdoh with cutters, rolling pins, blunt knives, forks, cake cases etc
- Read to their teddies and dolls
- Jig-saw puzzles
- Draw or paint pictures
- Use containers, bottles and jugs in the bath
- Have a tea party with their teddies
- Cut out pictures from magazines and stick onto paper
Things your child can do in the garden:
- Use bats and balls, footballs, frisbees etc
- Climb up onto and jump off of things
- Ride their scooters
- Dig the mud
- Use containers, bottles and jugs in a big bucket or tub